Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pinoy Ako!

In Hong Kong people sometimes mistook me as Chinese but when they started to strike a conversation with me, there they would know that I am not. Hahaha… But here in Macau, a lot of people mistook me as an Indonesian… Wahhh!!! At first, it was just okay but now it’s somewhat annoying already, even other Filipinos think that I am an Indonesian*sigh* Do I really look like one??? Waahhh… I don’t want to believe nor accept that… LOL!

First encounter with a Pinoy guy in a shop.

He was looking at me and said:

Guy: Indonesian?

Me: No, Filipina.

Guy: Oh, I thought you’re an Indonesian.


The second encounter with a guy in a bus stop. I was waiting for the bus to arrive and There’s this guy who keeps on looking at me…

Guy: Nepali? Nepali? (in a very fast tone).
Me: (Puzzled) What??
Guy: Nepali?
Me: No.
G: Oh, 
Malaysian?
M: No.
G: 
Indonesian?
M: No.
G: (thinking…) Ahh.. 
Thailand?
M: No. Then he stopped guessing… So, i said 
“Philippines, Filipino.”
G: Oh, I see and smiled…


Third encounter…

I was sitting on the bench and there are two ladies near me talking, I don’t know what language is it but I think it’s Indonesian. After a while her companion left, she looked at me and said: Indonesian?” Then I said: Pinay.
Female: Ah.. Akala ko Indonesian ka. (Ah, I thought you were an Indosian.)
Me: Filipina po pala kayo? (So you’re a Filipina? ) I thought she wasn’t because I just heard them talking in a different language. Then she asked me the usual questions like: “Since when did you arrive here in Macau?” and so on…


Fourth encounter:

I was walking again… then there’s this man who keeps on looking at me, after a while he asked me: “Indonesian“? Then I thought, not again! So I said “No, Filipino.”
He said: “Oh, I thought you are Indonesian because your face (with action pa ha) you look like Indonesian.”

Another one, just recently, I was waiting for an available computer in a cafe near our flat… I sit down and tried to open my mp3 so I could listen to my favorite songs while waiting. There’s this guy who keeps on looking at me (as in tutok gyud taod-taod). Then he sits beside me, still looking, it somewhat distracts me… I thought: Ingon ani na ba ko ka-gwapa kay sige man gyud siya ug tutok nako? (Am I really this beautiful for him to keep on looking at me?) Hahaha… (pamati kayo noh?) Well, he’s good-looking baya.. hehehe… After a few minutes he bombs the question: Are you Indonesian? Well, I thought he was DKI or Di Ka Ingon (lol) Waaahhh! Naa napud ni na pangutana bah… Hay…
Me: No, Filipino. You?

Guy: Leban.

Me: Leban? Lebanese?
Guy: Yes, Lebanese… You work?
Me: No...

I put my earphones and start listening to my mp3, I don’t want to talk to him… Gikapoy nako ug istorya nila! But he’s still looking at me… Ah, bahala ka mag-sige ka tan-aw… Hay… I wanted to shout out loud: FILIPINO AKO! I’m not an Indonesian or whatever nationality!

Ako ay Pilipino, Ako ay Pilipino
Isang bansa isang diwa
Ang minimithi ko
Sa Bayan ko’t Bandila
Laan Buhay ko’t Diwa
Ako ay Pilipino, Pilipinong totoo
Ako ay Pilipino, Ako ay Pilipino
Taas noo kahit kanino Ang Pilipino ay Ako!

*Bow….* hehehehe…


After a while, there’s this Filipino guy whó talked to me in English, he thought that I’m not a Filipino. Hay…. Naunsa na ning world?? What do you think? Don’t I look like a Filipino??? Be the judge. Tell me, what do you think?





"Live life to the fullest"

0 Reactions:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...