Saturday, July 19, 2008

My First Ever Climbing Experience

I've been wanting to join the AMA Trekkers Club when I was still in college but unfortunately, my mom don't want me to... It's risky... blah... blah... blah... Not that I didn't know that fact but the thought of going on an adventure like that excites me... But, even if I really really like to join the club and go climb on the mountains, still, I respect my mom's decision (good girl baya ko... hehehe...) Well, My days at school are finally over and I think there would be no reason for them not to say Yes? hehehe...

I think you've already seen my older post 'Missing Canibad', I've been really wanting to go there last summer but too bad I can't, I'm too far away... My best friends and I had been planning to go back to Canibad again but due to some conflicts and unfavorable circumstances, the plan was postponed, again and again. So, when Jane told me that her brother and brother's friends will Climb to Puting Bato and then proceed to Canibad after, I didn't have second thoughts of agreeing to the idea. Since Rhon can't make it because she's in Butuan, Ghen too can't make it as well as Liela because she's still in Panabo and Cacai because she's in Tagum at the moment. Hay... It's up to me and Jane, since it's just the two of us who are more eager to go there, plus the thought of Climbing to Puting Bato makes me more excited. Why? It's just my first time lang naman hehehe...

The day before the climb, we meet up (Jane and I), bought some food, drinks and slippers too. I slept early (milagro! nyahaha..) then I woke up at around 2 a.m. when i heard my mobile phone's tune. It was Jane. So, I go online and we talked. She said It's been raining since last night and that maybe it would be dangerous to climb there because it would be slippery and her brother wasn't home yet so she didn't know if the climb will be postponed again or not. The said climb was supposedly on June 28-29 but it was canceled and moved to July 5-6. I do my usual rounds, blogging! Yeah, then after a while her brother arrived and then she told me na tuloy daw ang climb, wweeeee.... After staying in front of the computer for minutes, I went downstairs and start packing up some things that I have forgotten to put on my pack bag. Took a shower, drank hot chocolate and ready the foods, and set off to our meeting place, outside the Magsaysay Park. I was almost late because it took me a while to wait for a ride going there. When i arrived, there are lots of people in their huge bags and cool outfits, i think I'm out of place. *lol* then I saw Jane and her brother and walked towards them. We waited for so long for the registration, it was 350 pesos.

Taking photos while waiting for the bus....


The freebies were : an ordinary sling bag,
T-shirt, cellphone pouch, a big transparent I.D. na pwde paglagyan din ng cellphone para dili mabasa, transportation (going there only), snacks and foods during dinner only and certificates. Not bad right? I think it's worth every penny.

At around 9 a.m., we ride a bus and set off from Magsaysay Park, Davao City, ride the ferry barge to PeƱaplata, Samal Island. Then from PeƱaplata we ride a multicab going to Brgy. Guilon. We started trekking there at around 10 a.m. going to Brgy. Tagbitinao.

Whew! it was just a few meters away since we started trekking from Brgy. Gulion going to Brgy. Tagbitinao, when I feel so thirsty already and my sweat's starting to fall waahhhh...


Whew! Pa-deliver nga ng snow please! It's so damn hot! Still, we've manage to laugh and smile while taking photos.

When we reached Brgy. Tagbinitao we take a rest for a while then we started climbing going to the Marco Polo Campsite. Perti man diay ka-tungasunon padulong didto oi! Whew! Been reaching for air! nyahahaha... We were just beginning to hike when we almost lost our track because we didn't see the red ribbon which indicate as the trekking trail, ah! Dah! Tagam! Good thing there's this guy on our back who saw the ribbon and told us that we were taking the wrong trail, hahahaha, well, he almost lost his track too because he's following behind us.



Ang kalabaw..
. bow... Hala sige pa ug picture-picture sa mga na-agian hapit nuon masaag hehehe...



Taking Photos again while resting.... Whew! I stopped trekking and here is what my chinky eyes saw... Quite fascinating? It's marvelous! Finally we reached the Marco Polo camp site and we had our lunch there... Whew! Gutom bay!


Nagpahu
lay ang batang gikapoy... Tired feet and legs... urrgghh...


After having lunch we stayed and rest for a while... Then we started trekking again going to Canibad Beach Resort... I really can't count how many times I've slipped, not that I'm so clumsy but it's really slippery and boy my knees are shaking! hahahaha... then we would rest again for a while... Gosh! I thought my problem with climbing up was finally over and it would be easier later going down but I never thought that trekking downhill was much worst! Men! The other climbers were laughing at me because I can't stop my feet from walking down and... Lisud ihunong! nyhahaha... Anyways, the other climbers were too fast and we we're left behind. We met one of the events' staff on our way down and he informed us that they run out of Red Ribbons! And so he told us where we would go, straight, then right then I dunno I was so tired to remember what he just said. Then we met Rolson, participant #36. He was the one who helped me carry my bag. Well, he volunteered to do so and I let him because I keep on slipping! He said it's okay because it's still my first time... Ganahan pud ko kay naa na ko'y tig-dala.. hehehe joke lang... And just when we thought that we were so near to Canibad, we realized that we weren't. I remember there used to be a big coral there but what we saw was not the one which is in Canibad. Men! We're Lost! We don't know where we would be heading to plus there are lots of mosquito in the area biting us. So, Rolson left us for a while and checked the area... after a while he came back and told us that we took the wrong trail. Good thing Rolson was there coz I don't know what would happen to us if he wasn't ,to think that it was just me and Jane adventuring on our own. God is still good, he sent an angel in the human form, which is Rolson, participant #36 hehehe... Unfortunately, I haven't got the chance to take a photo of him... Well, that's all that there is, he's that guy wearing a blue shirt.





Photos before reaching Canibad... Sagana kaayo sila sa tubig, Overflowing...

If Jane's brother was only there maybe we wouldn't got lost... Perti pud iyahang kuya, gibiyaan mi sa ere... waahhh... Muapas ra daw kay naa pay work...

Whew! After hours of trekking, we finally reached Canibad and the first thing we do, we sit on the sand and rest! hahahaha... Kapoy kaya kaayo noh! I think I've slept for an hour after we arrive there, who wouldn't? hahahaha... Grabe! So tiring but I still had fun... Later in the evening we had dinner together with the others. There were programs like games and raffles and later after that mag reggae-reggae tah bay! You want to know where was Jane and I at that time? In our tents sleeping! hahaha... I could hear their laughters but my body just can't move up, so I prefer to sleep and rest.

July 6, 2008: Swimming sa Canibad beach! Weee.... Lami kaayo ang tubig... Ligo na tah!


...and after that we started packing our things and went back here in Davao... The experience was really really tiring but great, I really had fun... Yeah! I could say that I still want to climb again... hahaha.. Where? I still don't know... Let's just wait and see... and so my very long post about my First ever Climbing experience will come to an end... Till then... Hope you did had fun reading hehehe...



Kaila ka'g sunburn? Mao tawon na akoang souvenir... Tagam!
"Live life to the fullest"

0 Reactions:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...