Saturday, August 4, 2007

Food for thought....

Photo Link

I was having breakfast alone when my sister came into our dining room and sit beside me. While eating, we were talking about her upcoming acquaintance party and other stuff regarding her studies. I was about to finish eating when she remembered an incident that happened yesterday and started telling me her story. Anne said: “Ate Che, Kagahapon ba sa village nila Leah, naay mga bata na nagakolekta ug lamaw.” (Ate {appellation for elder sister} Che, Yesterday at Leah’s village there was a group of kids who are collecting leftovers.) I, on the other hand, was about to laugh as I had my last piece of food on my plate thinking ‘what’s she’s talking about? I’m still eating’, but then I just disregard it and still continue listening to her. Anne: “Kada balay sila nagakolekta ug lamaw, nagdala-dala sila ug dako na balde, pagkahuman nihunong sila gi-abrihan nila ang balde ug gitan-aw ang mga sulod. Tpos nakakita man na sila ug pizza ilang gikuha ug gikaon. Grabe noh? Luoy kaayo sila”. (They were collecting leftovers in every house holding a big bucket of it and after that, they stopped and open it and take a glimpse of what’s inside, They then saw a pizza... took it and started eating it. They're so pitiful.)

With our population rising up and the economy's down, it’s the children who are suffering the most. I feel so sorry for those children; a lot of us are still lucky to have fine foods at our dining table while the others out there are busy looking for anything everywhere just to fill their empty stomachs... :(


0 Reactions:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...