Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Ten Pesos Taho



The Magtataho...
What is a Taho? Well, according to Wikipedia: Tahô is a Philippine snack food made of fresh soft/silken tofu, arnibal (brown sugar and vanilla syrup), and pearl sago (similar to pearl tapioca).

I love Taho. I remember when I was still a kid, I would ask my lola or lolo to give me 'piso' (one peso) to buy a taho. Whenever I hear the man shouting TAHOOOOO! I would run outside with my mug... lol... It's been a long time since the last time I have eaten taho... A week ago I hurriedly ran outside when I heard a man shouting, I thought I heard him shouting taho but I think I heard him wrong, it was someone who's selling fishes and tahong (lol)... Anyways, I heard someone shouting taho last week and this time I heard the man right (lol). After that, he would come and sell taho in our village everyday. Suki na, hehehe...





My favorite mug with taho inside it... That's a ten peso taho ha, konti lang nuh? Sabagay, laki din ng mug ko, hehehe... Before, My One Peso's worth of taho is more than that. With pakapin pa, Lol.

"Live life to the fullest"

11 Reactions:

Anonymous said...

In Gulf View, a taho vendor roams around daily and it's only 5 pesos with alaska milk. I wonder if he earns something.

MeiYah said...

@iHenshin: Gulf View here in Davao?? Wow ha 5 pesos w/ alaska milk pah.. lol... punta sana xa sa matina.. :D marami ba 5pesos na taho sa kanya? wehehehe...

iceah said...

yummy :9 fav namin yan ni Josh c:

Anonymous said...

This look good.
What exactly is taho?

Anonymous said...

ten pesos na 'yan. kahit taho mahal na rin! i miss taho.

Marites said...

Mahal ng taho mo..in fairness:) it's only P5

jasonmighty said...

Hey...your taho looks exactly like 'tau fu fah' sold here in Msia :)

I think its the same thing lol...but only without the sago. Its plain, cheap, simple and healthy.

Anonymous said...

taho is the best breakfast!

ang mahal naman ng taho sa inyo, here in our place the 10peso-taho is bowl-ful, as in.

MeiYah said...

@iceah: yeah yummy talaga wehehe...

@lunaticg: Tahô is a Philippine snack food made of fresh soft/silken tofu, arnibal (brown sugar and vanilla syrup), and pearl sago (similar to pearl tapioca). :D

@shimumsy: uu liit kasi ng 5 pesos eh kaya ten pesos binibili ko...

@Marites: uu mahal jud lage, cge ko ingon nalang pakapini nong wahahaha... sa inyo 5 lang na te?

@jasonmighty: i think so, it's so yummy and i agree with you it's a healthy food...

@maggie: yeah, it can make you full na.. san ba sa inyo? uu nga eh mahal ang liit kainis, pero masarap eh.. wehehehe...

@all: salamat sa bisita at comments! :)

Anonymous said...

I also like taho. Nilalagyan ko pa ng ng ice para mas masarap, hehe..

S-H-Y said...

WOW i miss taho...

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...