Sunday, December 21, 2008

Smoking While Driving



I have a post about Texting While Driving on my other blog. That was two months ago at General Santos City when we have our Gensan Tour during the 2nd Mindanao Bloggers Summit.

And now I have caught a driver smoking while driving...

Anyways, I was on my way going to Ecoland Terminal riding this taxi... At first I didn't see him smoking but when I smelled the scent of it I got irritated, I don't know, I just don't like the smell of it... I leaned forward and I saw the cigarette butt on his other hand while on his wheel... I grab my camphone and tried to ask him questions about the bus fair going to Tagum while I am taking those photos. I think he didn't notice it... When I got out of his taxi I took a photo of it too... Hehehe...

There is an existing No-Smoking Ordinance in the City. Smoking is prohibited inside public utility vehicles, taxis, government offices, hospitals, and theaters. The local government of Davao was the first city to strictly implement a "no smoking" law or the anti-smoking ordinance of Davao (THE COMPREHENSIVE ANTI-SMOKING ORDINANCE OF DAVAO CITY; City Ordinance No. 043-02). If you are caught smoking in public areas such as malls, restaurants, bars, and other public places, you can be fined and probably arrested and jailed.

I wanted to report him but my conscience is bothering me whether I should report this incident or not, luoy man pud ang driver... Hmmm... Maging considerate na lang unta sila... They can smoke all they want but not on public lang sana...


"Live life to the fullest"

0 Reactions:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...